Sunday, January 12, 2003

I remain ambivalent about peer-to-peer file trading. Still, this weekend I downloaded a number of songs, mostly hits music from the late 1980s and early 1990s.

This was a time at which I had largely shut hits music out of my life altogether, other than what crept in via cable television, radios I didn't tune, and--of course--the ironic pursuit of kitsch, so fashionable in those days before the terrorists won. Or lost. Or whatever they did.

Here's my booty. Most of them I dimly remember. Some I remember actively loathing at the time they were on the charts (viz., Gerardo's "Rico Suave"). Now I find all of them tolerable, some of them even amazing. An example of the latter is "Nite And Day" by Al B. Sure! (his exclamation point, not mine). A great song.

Expose - Seasons Change
Patty Labelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
Samantha Fox - Touch Me
Pretty Poison - Catch Me I'm Falling
Young MC - Bust a Move
Al B. Sure - Nite And Day
Pebbles - Mercedes Boy
Urban Dance Squad - Deeper Shade of Soul
Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
Kriss Kross- Warm It Up Kris
Gerado - Rico Suave
Kriss Kross - Jump
Marky Mark - Good Vibrations
Surface - The First Time
amy grant - baby baby
Boyz II Men - Motownphilly
Mariah Carey - Emotions
Natural Selection - Do Anything For Your Lovin'
Mariah Carey - Someday
Timmy T - One More Try
Ralph Tresvant - Sensitivity
Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
Firehouse - Love Of A Lifetime
Cathy Dennis - Touch Me (All Night Long)
Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
Tracie Spencer - In This House
Mary Jane Girls - In My House
Quad City DJs - The Train

As I often say in this blog, you probably hadda be there. All this activity demonstrates yet again how aggressively pedestrian my tastes can be.

No comments: