Monday, November 10, 2003

It's beginning to look a lot like alt-country

This is the first autumn in recent memory in which I have not been scrambling to learn holiday songs for some too-fast-approaching rockin' musical extravaganza. And that is a relief. This year, I will not stumble my way through Robert Earl Keen's "Merry Christmas From the Family"! This year, I will not pretend I know all the words to "Santa Baby"! This year, I will not have to apologize for doing a John Denver song ("Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas")! (Okay, I probably will do the Denver at my acoustic shows, but still.)

Actually, I'm a little disappointed that I still have never learned the Vandals' "Oi To The World," which No Doubt covers fabulously, but maybe next year. This year I'm on vacation.

No comments: