Monday, December 13, 2004

New bits

Hey kids, over on the right I have posted seven of my music articles that appeared in Isthmus over the last few months: reviews of CDs by Reverend Horton Heat, Rufus Wainwright and Arena Venus; "So Happy Together," about Sector Five, a new record label in Madison; "All Things Must Pass," about indie rock deities Luna; "Tune Town," a paean to commercial radio; and "Poster Children," a story about a local married couple who make beautiful silkscreen posters for rock shows.

I'm especially pleased with "Poster Children."

In other exciting news, last week Isthmus published several of my book blurbs, those short reviews I've been writing that also appear over there on the right. How fabulous! To look at the list today you might think I stopped reading for a month, but in fact I have been grinding my way through a single--long--book for several weeks. I'll blurb it anon. Once I'm done reading it, that is. (It's due back at the library soon.)

No comments: