Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ink in the coinky

Weekday afternoons rarely find me on State Street, but today I had to drop off a video at Four Star, so downtown I went. Because I parked at a meter that had almost two hours on it, and because the weather was extremely pleasant, I decided to loiter a moment. I grabbed a couple of newspapers and was sitting on a bench, reading, when I noticed someone standing in front of me and smiling incredulously. It turned out to be my old college friend Andrea, whom I have not seen in something like 13 years! She's here interviewing for a job at Lands' End in Dodgeville. We ducked into a java den and caught up. Then I had to get back to work and she had a plane to catch, so we said farewell, for now.

How lovely is that? Thanks to whoever put the extra money in the meter, because otherwise I would have missed the whole thing!

No comments: