Sunday, January 15, 2006

Greetings from Mt. Juliet

I write to you this morning from Mt. Juliet, Tenn., an eastern suburb of Nashville. I lived here my senior year of high school, after my family and I emigrated from the Music City.

I always love coming home, not least because there are so many marvelous sights and stories. I'll tell you about just two of them for now.
  • Near Mt. Juliet is the city of Lebanon, the seat of Wilson County. My parents and I drove through Lebanon yesterday, and Dad pointed out one of the distinctive local businesses: a store that sells Bibles and used household appliances. On the sign out front is a scriptural reference to the Gospel of Luke, but not the actual scripture. For that, you'll have to come inside.
  • My stepmother tells me that when she was a girl, her father fried Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the family breakfast. Hot doughnuts now, indeed.

I'll have more to say about my trip after I get home. Love ya!

No comments: