Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Breaking the law

Terry Teachout blogged about his workout mix, and his list came to mind last night as I ran at the gym. Trotting along with my combination radio and mp3 player, I made the most amazing discovery: The finest workout mix is the one played on the syndicated radio program "Nights with Alice Cooper," wherein the veteran shock rocker reads fun facts and plays the very best in trashy rock music.

The broadcast last night featured Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again," Triumph's "Lay It on the Line" and "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest, along with Alice's brief paean to the Southwestern breakfast dish of scrambled eggs and rattlesnake. All of this helped make me a better athlete.

Here in Madison, 101.5 WIBA-FM airs "Nights with Alice Cooper" Monday through Friday, from 7 pm to midnight.

No comments: