Thursday, March 23, 2006

What comes of Googling oneself

Look, my writing has been called mediocre in an exquisitely rendered song parody of "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General"! And the parodist even makes a pun of my name!

The lyrics are on the third page of the document I have linked to, the November 2005 newsletter of the Madison Savoyards. Last summer in Isthmus, I gave a mixed review to their production of The Pirates of Penzance, so fall was payback time. (For some reason the quality of my writing, mediocre or otherwise, was apparently not an issue when I gave the Savoyards' Ruddigore a rave review the summer before last.)

This is hot. I can't think of a better way to be slammed. And if there still was anyone who somehow did not know about my mediocrity, the word is now out.

No comments: