Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hey, who's that

This afternoon I noticed on MySpace that there is a group called Dragon Park. On the off chance that you weren't an adolescent in Nashville from about 1985 to 1989, that is the informal name of Fannie Mae Dees Park, a lovely spot near Vanderbilt University that for some reason is where the alternakids hung out, back in the day. I whiled away many an hour at Dragon Park. (It is called Dragon Park because there is a giant dragon sculpture.)

I was having lots of fun reading the group's posts and looking at the pictures, and then I was surprised to stumble across this snapshot. Yes, that is yours truly on the upper right, age 16 or so and looking tanner than I ever have since. This would have been about 1987. That is my lovely school chum Leigh Anne in the middle, wearing black. The other people I don't recognize, including the dazed looking guy in front of me.

As I recall, that was a rock 'n' roll show that my enterprising promoter friend booked in a conference room at some downtown hotel. More pics from that night are here.

It's weird to run across my teenage self on the Web. Good, but weird.


No comments: