Sunday, September 07, 2003

Not that I'm sports-obsessed

Because I'm not, really I'm not. But as a former Chicagoan, I was curious enough about this year's Bears to flip on today's season opener against the Niners. There was much (okay, a small amount) of preseason hype surrounding the Bears' new quarterback, Kordell Stewart, late of the Steelers (and reputedly gay--but then, what NFL quarterback isn't?).

I watched the broadcast for about four seconds. This was enough time to see that the Bears were losing by 26 points in the second quarter, and it was enough time to watch Stewart throw an interception, whereupon one of the announcers yelled, "He did it again!"

Looks like it's going to be a long fall for the Monsters of the Midway. But there's always next year.

On the other hand, my Vols and my Badgers have won all their games so far.

No comments: