Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I'll bite

A game I learned from About Last Night, the arts blog of Terry Teachout and Our Girl In Chicago:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

The nearest book--on my desk, ten inches from my left hand--is "What Do We Have for the Witnesses, Johnnie?", a Doonesbury collection. I don't think the game works with Doonesbury collections; for one thing, these pages aren't numbered.

But hovering over the Doonesbury book, on top of a small stereo speaker, is Bob Woodward's Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate, which yields:

"At 11:05 a.m. President Ford turned to the camera."

What happened next? Well, pardon you for asking.

No comments: