Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Is this useful?

A note from Yahoo! tells me that I now have two gigabytes of storage available to me in my yahoo.com mailbox. The venerable Internet company is responding to the challenge of Google's gmail, the new, free email service that provides one gigabyte of storage.

It's funny, just yesterday I cleaned out my inbox because I was close to exceeding the 100 megabytes of storage I heretofore rented from Yahoo! for $19.99 per year. The cleaning got me down to 60% of my quota, but now Yahoo! tells me I am using only 2%.

For the record, my first PC had a 20-megabyte hard drive. That is 1% of my new Yahoo! allotment. And that hard drive's capacity used to seem unimaginably vast.

At any rate, if you email me that copy of The Fellowship of the Ring, now it won't max me out.

Jesus.

No comments: