Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I'll do it ma�ana

I procrastinate. I also worry about my procrastination, which makes me procrastinate more.
 
It doesn't help that I read biographies of famous overachievers, like Ron Chernow's Alexander Hamilton. During the Revolutionary War, all Hamilton did was devise the American financial system while simultaneously serving as General Washington's aide de camp, fighting in battles against the British, and starting a family. 
 
As for me, sometimes it's all I can do to get up in the morning.
 
In an act of procrastination, I was looking at web sites about procrastination. On California Polytechnic State University's counseling web site I found the following sentence, and I like what it has to say:
 
Positive reinforcement for delay (a good grade) is a principal contributor to continued procrastination.
 
The trouble with procrastination, you see, is that it often results in work that, while not superb, is good enough. But I know I can do better. Help me, Jesus.

No comments: