Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Big time

Look, my Emo Philips review has been linked to by Ann Althouse, the UW-Madison law professor and noted blogger. She was struck, I gather, by my report that Philips mocked Republicans -- and one Republican in particular, who happened to be sitting in the front row.

An Althouse reader named Dust Bunny Queen complained about yours truly:
Wow....what fun. Go to a show and end up being the butt of every joke by a rude fourth rate comedian. Everyone's dream I'm sure.

It's interesting that the author of the article seems to think this is perfectly acceptable because the patron has the temerity to be a Lawyer AND Republican at the same time.
Dust Bunny Queen is right. I wasn't really bothered by it. Neither, as far as I could tell, was the Republican lawyer, who was laughing along with everyone else. Maybe he wept later, or wrote a humorless blog comment somewhere.

No comments: